recipe for Shahi Paneer:
- 200g paneer
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Cut the paneer into bite-sized cubes and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Once they start to splutter, add chopped onions and green chilies. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté until the raw smell goes away.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cashew nuts. Cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool. Once cooled, blend the mixture into a smooth paste using a blender or food processor.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan and add the tomato-cashew paste. Cook for a few minutes on low heat.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Add paneer cubes to the pan and mix well.
- Add cream and mix well. Cook for a few more minutes until the gravy thickens.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with naan, roti, or rice.
Your delicious Shahi Paneer is now ready to serve! Enjoy it with your favorite bread or rice.