- 200g paneer
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup cream
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Cut the paneer into bite-sized cubes and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan and add chopped onions. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté until the raw smell goes away.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until they are soft and mushy.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Let the mixture cool down and then blend it into a smooth puree using a blender or food processor.
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and add the paneer cubes. Fry until the paneer turns slightly golden brown. Keep it aside.
- Add the tomato puree to the pan and cook for a few minutes.
- Add cream and mix well. Cook for a few more minutes until the gravy thickens.
- Add the fried paneer cubes to the gravy and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with naan, roti, or rice.
Your delicious Paneer Butter Masala is now ready to serve! Enjoy it with your favorite bread or rice.