Android the operating system of OS or otherwise the backbone of every feature, today which we are so swiftly using in our smart phone. The fascinating part of Android is that unlike iOS, it has the possibility of upgradation to latest version in your current phone without having bought a new handset with every upgrade.Every year Google is coming up with newer versions of Android with its advancement in features. This year also they have made the mark with the coming up of Android Oreo 8.0 which is the 26th version of this OS. Yes, guys it is finally here! The much-talked latest version of android is finally here. Currently it is available for its all open source projects for other manufactures to work on the updates. To begin with, it will roll out for all Google and Nexus devices and with coming time soon it will be available for non-google phones.
Enhancement of the user experience is what the current version of Android i.e. Android Oreo is aiming to provide. To get further clarity as what is new in this much-talked version of Android, lets grill down into its features, specifications, and advantages it will bring into your smart phone usability.
12 amazing features which will be available with Android Oreo are:
- It has limited the amount of resources running in the background processes while multi-tasking. Thus, in short it will give better battery life to your mobile phone due less strain of battery by applications.
- Has introduced the Picture-in-Picture mode, through this feature one can keep the video playing alongside in a small window while giving you platform to perform other tasks such as replying a message or writing a mail etc.
- Android Device manager is now to be known as “Find my device” for security setting related to your device.
- It will come along with monitoring of special app access settings, like the ability to display over other apps, have unrestricted data access, use PiPmode, or modify system settings.
- Notification dots will appear above the pending apps and long tab on the dot will further open the menu for actions to be performed.
- Comes with smart text selection which means that say you are selecting an address, once you tap on the selection you will be able to begin with directions.
- It will bring the in-built feature of making two wi-fi devices to talk with each other through Wi-Fi awareness.
- It has added a security layer to your device, by making its vital functioning to happen in the background keeping it away from virus attack and hackers.
- Has organised the notifications of the device under categories of channels and categories. This means that every app will come with varied channels and what kind of notification i.e. buzz, vibrate, block etc you want the channels to follow.
- The quality has been improved for your Bluetooth headset, speakers etc with advancement of Android version.
- Add shortcuts to your favourite apps on the lock screen.
- It supports enhanced autofill API for faster form data processing and password management.
Listed mobile phones with its expected roll-out of Android Oreo 8.0:
Currently Google has provisioned the latest version of Android for all google and nexus phones and is expected to roll out remaining non-google phones by end of the year. Keeping this in view here is the consolidated list of devices and as to when till they be expecting the update.
Nokia 6, Nokia 5, and Nokia 3 will get the latest update by anytime next year.
As far as the latest version of Android is concerned, Samsung has always been the slow runner. Its newest models of Samsung S8 and Samsung S8 plus are first on the list and shall get the update by latest January 2018.
It was the first OEM to get the Android Nougat update in US with its Moto Z and Moto Z force models. Now for Android Oreo, models such as Moto Z, Moto Z Force, Moto Z2 Force, Moto Z Play, Moto Z2 Play, Moto G5, Moto G5S, Moto G5 Plus, Moto G5S Plus, Moto X4 and Moto G4 Plus will get the update by November 2017.
HTC confirmed that its models HTC U11, HTC 10 and HTC U Ultra will get the Android Oreo by sometime next year around January.
The new launched phones of Sony i.e. Sony XZ1 and Sony XZ1 compact will run on Android 8. While its other models namely Sony Xperia X, Sony Xperia X Performance, Sony Xperia XZ, Sony Xperia X Compact, Sony Xperia XZ Premium, Sony Xperia XZs, Sony Xperia XA1, Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra and Sony Xperia XA1 Plus is expected to get the update by latest December 2017.
Watch out for the latest Android Oreo, soon to hit your smart phone!!